Thursday, June 5, 2008

Sign up for Skype!


Hello family and friends,


As you can tell, I'm not very good at this blogging stuff yet. But I did buy our tickets to Guatemala! We leave at midnight on July 11. I've got us booked into the timeshare place we stayed at last time we were in Antigua for the first week. The girls really loved the place (actually, they loved the pool) and I think it will be a comfortable transition.


I've signed up for Skype, so we can talk to you for free via computer. But you each have to get a Skype account so we can call you. Go to skype.com and do what it says to get an account. It's all free, the setup and all the calls, when we both use our computers. Then add lisagarfield to your contacts list and we're all set. We both have to be online for it to connect, so as we move through the year, we may want to set up specific times to talk.


So now we're cleaning out the garage and packing up books and little things that Garrett and Bayra don't need for the summer. On Friday, a family is coming to see about renting the house from September to June. Garrett, Bayra, and Zach just arrived and moved into the playroom for the summer, since Garrett has an internship with a legal firm in Portland this summer. I was released from my church calling last Sunday, so little by little, the pieces fall into place.


I'm going to try to attach a photo, mostly to see if I can do it. I'll try to post the one from Grace's 11th birthday party, with Fin, Max, Grace, Gloria, Nolan, Gavin.


Love, Lisa


3 comments:

Bayra said...

Good work with the new posting Lisa!

kourtney said...

Oh Lisa, now I really know why you're going and you finally thought up a great excuse. You wanted out of your calling. Sure, you're moving to Guatemala...wink, wink. I think I am too!

chic lit said...

Hi aunt lisa, kelli here. i would really like to visit you guys when you are down south. im thinking next april. let me know if that would be ok. my step daughter cassidy would love to come also. she went to rome last year and all she wants to do is travel. just like me. love and miss you all